Figo is the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics. It is the only organization that makes it possible for professional societies of obstetricians and gynecologists to get together regularly. This group has member societies in about 125 different countries worldwide. Currently, it’s secretariat is based in London, UK.
FIGO’s Mission and Vision Statement
The main goal of FIGO is to be an organization that brings together obstetrical and gynecological associations worldwide. This group is very dedicated in promoting women’s health and rights. It aims to reduce the occurrence of in women’s and newborn’s healthcare. The group also strives to improve the science and practice of obstetrics and gynecology. They plan to realize their mission statement through advocacy, programmatic activities, intensive researches, education and training.
FIGO is very much driven with their vision that the female population of the world are provided with the highest quality of Physical, Mental, Reproductive and Sexual health and well-being all throughout their lives. This group is quite successful with their goals because of the core values that they observe. They are driven by innovative leadership, integrity, professionalism, transparency, respect for diverse cultures and modern scientific and ethical standards.
FIGO is Committed
- Promoting the status and role of women in all issues relating to their health and well-being.
- Through intensive research, education and provision they can commission awareness of the sexual and reproductive health of women.
- Put emphasis on achieving their MDG targets in order to improve the health of mothers and their newborn babies.
- Continually advancing the practice of OB-GYN through research, education and training in accordance to professionalism, scientific and ethical standards.
- Foster communication with and between member associations to build a strong relationship among low-resource countries through good management and leadership.
- Strengthen capacities to make different societies capable of developing and implementing sustainable programs that will help women and newborns, especially in poor countries.
- Committed to act as one in advancing women’s health and rights as they strengthen the bond between other international professional groups.
Dr. Francisco Buxo M.D.
Dr. Francisco Buxo is one of the most respected OB-GYN in Alexandria. His years of experience have made him an expert in the field. All throughout his practice, he has handled different conditions like cervical polyps, cervicitis, mastodynia, ovarian cysts, pap smear abnormalities, sexually transmitted diseases, uterine fibroids, vaginitis/vaginosis, etc. He earned his medical education and training from Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine. He can fluently converse in both English and Italian. Furthermore, he has very impressive background check from Healthgrades.
289total visits,1visits today